Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Very Faery Interview with Sharon Loves Books and Cats

A Very Faery Interview with Sharon, of Sharon Loves Books and Cats.

Welcome to the first post in my brand new series, A Very Faery Interview. Against my better judgment, I’ve agreed to let the main characters from my novel THE IRON KING conduct these interviews (God help us all). So, without further ado, I’ll let them introduce themselves. Go ahead, you three.

Meghan: Hi, I’m Meghan Chase, the protagonist of The Iron King. I’m sixteen, and I like listening to music, reading, and watching scary movies. Oh, and I’m half-faery.

Puck: I don’t have to introduce myself, do I? Everyone knows me! *Blinks as author glares at him.* Oh, fine. I’m Puck, you know, from A Midsummer’s Night Dream? I once gave someone donkey ears and made the Faerie Queen fall in love with him. Nuff said.

Ash: My name is Ash, third son of the Unseelie Court. And that’s all you need to know about me.

Author: Okaaaaaaaay. So, now I guess I’ll introduce our guest today: Sharon of Sharon Loves Books and Cats. Welcome Sharon! And now I’ll turn it over to your interviewers. ( P.S. there’s a panic button on the left side of the chair by your foot, you know. Just in case.)




Meghan: So, Sharon. I love your blog title. Tell us a little bit about your kitties, and if they help you review a book.

Meghan, thanks I'm glad you love my blog title! I have three kitties that I could talk to you about all day. Their names are: Sabrina, Lilly, and Blackie. Sabrina and Lilly helped me write one review which can be found here: http://sharonlovesbooksandcats.blogspot.com/2009/08/dear-sparkle-advice-from-one-cat-to.html. They don't help me with most of my reviews, because they don't care to read about books that aren't about cats.

Puck: Sooooo, Sharon. If I were to turn you into a cat, what would you do all day? What kind of cat would you be? Would you like me to turn you into a cat? *Looks hopeful*

Puck, if you turned me into a cat who would update my blog? If you did turn me into a cat I would hang out with my own cats all day long. I would play with Lilly and groom Sabrina. I would like to be a siamese cat, because they are the prettiest. I would name myself Sheba in honor of a sweet cat that I once knew.


Ash: *Sighs* I suppose it’s up to me to ask the logical, sane questions. Sharon, what do you look for in a book? Good characters, plot, or both?

Both! I usually go for books that are a little more fast paced. My favorite genres are, science fiction, fantasy, and mysteries. The plot needs to be moving along at a decent speed. I can't stand slow books that just drag on and on...and on.


Meghan: What is your favorite kind of book? Fantasy, contemporary, futuristic? What kind of book have you seen too much of lately?

Whoops *copies and pastes from above* My favorite genres are, science fiction, fantasy, and mysteries. Science fiction would probably be my number one favorite genre. I'm a huge fan of dystopian lit, futuristic novels, time travel, and alternate universe stories. As for fantasy, I like books with a lot of world building, originality, and suspense. I also love it when books have cats in them. Cats are awesome!

*A large gray cat appears from nowhere, waving his tail* Obviously. This human has good taste, at least.

Puck: Hey, you’re not supposed to be here, Grimalkin! Beat it, you’re stealing our thunder.

Grimalkin *Sniffs* As if I would want any part of this. Continue with your silly interview. *Waves tail again and vanishes.*

Author: Erm, sorry, Sharon. Please, continue.

Sharon: I've seen far too many vampire books. Seriously, a new one comes out every other day!

Puck: So, you’re a vegetarian. What vegetable best describes your personality?

I would be asparagus. I am long and lean and I make your urine smell funny. xD

*Puck collapses on floor laughing.*

Ash: What is the best and worst part about blogging?

The best part about blogging is being able to discuss books with people who also love to read. Being able to chat with authors is also pretty darn fab!

The worst part about blogging is the infighting and anonymous commenters who go around trying to cause trouble.


Meghan: I love reading about stubborn heroines and dangerous bad boys. Who are some of your favorite characters, including your current book crush, of course.

There are so many awesome characters! How can I pick just a few? The two that come to my mind right away are, Katniss from The Hunger Games series and Katsa from Graceling. I'm a huge fan of kick butt girls who can beat people up if need be. My current crush would have to be on Po from Graceling. Sure his name is a little sucky, but he is such a great guy. <3


Puck: Okay, if you had to choose between eating a chili dog and running down the street nak—*Author breaks in and smacks Puck upside the head* Puck! This is a kid-friendly blog! Don’t answer that, Sharon.

*hits panic button*


Puck: Ow. Fine, between eating a chili dog and having your favorite, signed ARC stolen, what would you choose?

I would eat a vegetarian chili dog!

Puck: Cheater.

Ash: You’re facing a zombie apocalypse. You can only take three things with you when you flee. What are they?

I would take my three kittehs even though I do not consider them to be things. If I had to pick actual objects I would take, a weapon of some kind, a bottle of wine, and some chocolate. I don't own any really good zombie killing weapons, so if I'm going to go down I mine as well have some wine and chocolate first!


Author: Okay, I think that’s enough for today. Sharon, is there anything you’d like to ask Meghan or Ash? Or (grimace) Puck?

Yes! I would like to know what the three of you think of Julie.

Meghan: Ummmm, well. Since she created us and all … she’s very nice and sweet and—”

Puck:*Breaks in laughing* Oh come on, Meghan. Don’t wuss out on us now! We all know Ms. hot-shot author is a huge, mega, uber-geek! Know what she does every Saturday? Do the letters D&D mean anythi—ACK!” *Runs out of room with author chasing him waving a frying pan.*

Ash: Hn. I don’t appreciate some of the things she’s done to me in the book. I have enough scars, thank you. But at least she didn’t write me a fool, like some faeries I know. I am thankful for that, at least.

Author: *Returns with Puck in a head-lock.* Okay! Thank you, Sharon, for the interview. And join us next week at Frenetic Reader, for another Very Faery Interview.

Puck: Um, can you let go of me now?

Author: Not a chance.



Want to know more about Meghan and the boys from The Iron King? Visit my site at www.juliekagawa.com

14 comments:

  1. I love the vegetable question :P Vegetarian power :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so smart … love the interview.


    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! that was so very cool! i love asparagus! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was just way to funny lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved the whole thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lov Ash and Puck is super funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im tall and lean and make ur urine smell funny.

    hahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, you just gotta love the fey >:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was laughing so much!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodNESS! i love these characters so much. using them in the interview was a great idea Julie/Sharon. and im team Switzerland. I love Ash and Puck equally! <3

    ReplyDelete