Thursday, October 25, 2012

Figment writing contest and more




A couple things I wanted to share with you:

First up, check out this awesome writing contest hosted by Figment, a fun creative writing site.


Inspired by Julie Kagawa’s new novel, The Lost Prince, and the faery world that only Ethan Chase can see, we’ve got a new short-story contest for you! Your challenge: In 1,200 words or fewer, write a story about secret world that only your main character can see.

And check out the prizes below.

One grand-prize winner will receive a copies of The Lost Prince and Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, The Iron Fey boxed set (which includes The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, The Iron Knight), Winter’s Passage and Summer’s Crossing eBooks, and a lock and key necklace, similar to the one that Ethan gives to Kenzie for protection from the fey.

One second prize winner will receive a copy of The Lost Prince, The Iron Fey boxed set, and a lock and key necklace.

One third prize winner will receive copies of The Lost Prince and Immortal Rules, and a lock and key necklace.



So, all you aspiring writers out there, head on over to Figment for the rules and deadlines, or to just vote for your favorite story.



Second, head on over to TheIronFey.com to unlock FREE books, exclusive content, and other cool things.  You can also see the full LOST PRINCE trailer, so what are you waiting for? 


Lastly, I was at Another Anime Con this week, and though I didn't get to take many pictures, here are a couple I thought you might enjoy.  =D
















10 comments:

  1. I will join *.* Thank you for sharing this & the pics are great too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw it's not intanational :( Either way then I will watch the entries

      Delete
    2. Hey girl maybe I will join and try...you could help me...;)
      Those pics are awesome, Julie! I might join the contest too.
      P.S. TEAM PUCK FOREVER!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Ahh I would so love to help you :D Thats a great idea whenever you wanna start message me ;)
      Ps: TEAM PUCK RULES! ♥

      Delete
    4. Ok cool. :)
      P.S. TEAM PUCK FOREVER!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow. Awesome prizes, totally plan on entering now!
    Also, you forgot(?) to mention--the dress-up-like-a-fairy contest is ending soon. (Been planning my outfit for a while. Just need to find the time to play around with it!)

    ~Riv Re
    Riv Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first dude is Awesome! Shredder!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate contests that are not international waaaaaaah I love JK's books so much waaaaah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julie I watched a movie today & this scene totally reminded me of the summer court because the people there partying, singing & dance & well they wear costumes which seem like fey clothes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwfHHmD6Ku4
    :D Just wanted to share because I thought you might like it

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two pictures on the bottom remind me of Nekocon15... IT WAS AWESOME AND SO ARE THOSE PICS! SO COOLS! :D

    Ash4ever

    ReplyDelete