Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ready, set....NaNo!


Yup, its that time of year again.

NaNo Wrimo is upon us once more.

Even as I type this, I'm checking the NaNoWriMo official site, which is being ridiculously slow tonight, probably as hundreds (thousands?) of NaNoers are doing the exact same thing.

If you are one of these brave (insane) souls, kudos to you! Its comforting to know, as we gear up for the most frantic, stressful, neurotic month of the year (Christmas doesn't even come close) that there are thousands of writers going through the exact same thing. So, as the 1st of November looms ever closer, let's promise ourselves these things...

We will write everyday, through rain and sleet and falling snow, through TV shows and outings and parties and people who want you to socialize. By now, you should have warned any family, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, relatives, and spouses that they will probably not see you until December.





















We will not let our inner editor tell us our writing is crap. (Its 50k words in 30 days, its SUPPOSED to be crap.) This also goes for going back and "fixing things." Do not worry about fixing things; that will be December's project.


We will not fall behind.

If we do fall behind, we will soldier on and not give up.

We will not let the siren song of email, twitter, facebook, myspace, blogs, ect ect ect distract us from churning out our words. This also goes for phones, friends, children, pets, spouses, ect.


















At the end of the month, we will have written a 50,000 word mess of a story, with dangling plot threads, nonsensical scenes, holes you could drive a semi through, and so many mistakes our English teachers would scream, but we will have written a complete NOVEL. And we won't worry about the mess; we can always clean it up later.

So, my fellow NaNoers...on this last night of October, as the costumed children return from their candy begging, let us eat a good meal, get a good night's sleep, and say farewell to our loved ones.

For tomorrow, we NaNo.

I'll see you at the finish line.

14 comments:

  1. YAY I am all for Nano as well. You should add me as a buddy!!! bibliophilicboo is my name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing it as well!! Add me!! carpenoctem is my name!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Julie! You won't need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I guess we'll be seeing you on the other side! lol ^.~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragemnet Julie. I'm doing Nanowrimo this year--and I intend to win.

    Wish me luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your doing this too!! I definitely want to win this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so psyched for NaNo! It's one of my favorite times of the year. The one I did last year ended up being my favorite WIP I've ever written.

    Great post and love the cartoons. :) Good luck to everybody!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't forget to have some rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So does this mean... a month off from gaming?!

    D:

    I've given in and decided to participate. My husband did too! Let's see if his video games will win instead lol.

    Thanks for this post, it was encouraging! See you on the other side! And good luck (though I'm sure you won't need it)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pumped for NaNoWriMo! It's great to read that you're doing it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with NaNo. I don't do it because it'd be way too hard with working. But I hope it's productive for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, my fellow NaNoers...on this last night of October, as the costumed children return from their candy begging, let us eat a good meal, get a good night's sleep, and say farewell to our loved ones. afghani cap , antique silver choker necklace , harley davidson embroidered patches , tribal ladies wear

    ReplyDelete