Sunday, October 3, 2010

The #SpeakLoudly Donation Challenge






In honor of Banned Books Week, and in response to the Wesley Scroggins debacle on Twitter and blogs across the country, I and several other bloggers are hosting the #SpeakLoudly Donation Challenge.











The challenge is simple: pick a book you own, or a stack of books, and donate them to your local library. OR buy a copy of a book (Speak, Slaughterhouse Five, and 20 Boy Summer are all good choices) and then donate it. Then post a blog saying you did it, and spread the word. Banned books, challenged books, non-banned or challenged books, it doesn't matter. I am donating two copies of The Iron King and The Iron Daughter myself. Let's get books on shelves and into reader's hands.

Let's celebrate the right to read what we want.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! I'm making my post now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing iniciative! I'll definitely do something about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i feel so good after donating so many books :) I read too much lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sound much more convenient than getting rid of all my books on BookMooch.

    ReplyDelete