Sunday, July 4, 2010

Best Wedding Ever

So yesterday was my good friend's wedding. And darn it all if I didn't bring my camera. I'm still kicking myself for forgetting it. Cause it was the most...unique wedding I had ever been to.

Brooke, the lovely bride, wore a flowing, flowery, deep purple fairy dress with not a stitch of white to be seen. The groom wore shorts and a Star Wars t-shirt. I was in jeans, and I was overdressed.

The wedding party was drawn from a hat. For instance, I was the "mother of the groom" and was specifically informed to shout mean things to the bride as she came down the aisle. ("You're not good enough for my little boy, ect.") There were also "hecklers," "bridesmaids" who were men, and the "flower girl" was a six-and-a-half-foot guy with a beard who pelted the audience with roses. xD

The wedding cake was shaped like R2-D2 from Star Wars. (Not exactly like this, but close.)




















The ceremony took place outside, and the audience got to shoot the wedding party with nerf guns through the whole thing. (Also, the hecklers shouted suggestive things over the preacher whenever they could.)

The preacher was pelted with roses, nerf balls, and lewd comments as he made the bride and groom dance, spin around, and fight each other with foam weapons to prove their love. At one point, the ceremony dissolved into a chaotic scene from Lord of the Rings, as the onlookers grabbed swords and shields and hurled themselves into battle, too.

Finally, the preacher got to the end with: "You may now kiss the preacher" (They did) and "Now, you may kiss the bride," whereupon there was much shouting, clapping, whistles, and a hail of nerf balls as the newly wed couple shared a long kiss. It was the most fun I've had at a wedding, period. Why can't all weddings be like this? Maybe next time everyone can be in bathing suits and given squirt guns.

And then we went inside, cut off R2-D2's head, and ate it. He was delicious.

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome!! I wish I could have been there to see all that. I don't think I have ever heard of a more unique wedding, they must have had a lot of fun planning that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, I can imagine you being a fantastic heckler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at a wedding last week. The most fun was the Broom Dance. A bunch of men running around and dancing with brooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that certainly was a unique wedding. I don't think I've ever heard of one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading about non traditional weddings! I got married at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and that alone freaked my mom out (that I wasn't getting married in a church)! I wish I could had done something more extreme lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does sound amazing! Poor R2-D2.

    ReplyDelete