Saturday, July 2, 2011

The 2011 RITA awards

Yesterday in NYC, the RWA hosted its annual RITA awards.

From the RWA website:

The purpose of the RITA® contest is to promote excellence in the romance
genre by recognizing outstanding published romance novels and novellas.

The award itself is a golden statuette named after RWA's first president, Rita Clay Estrada, and has become the symbol for excellence in published romance fiction.



I am so pleased and honored and humbled to announce that THE IRON KING won the 2011 RITA award for best YA romance of the year.

I was at Kung Fu class when I got the news, and my phone exploded a little bit, with tweets and congrats coming in like crazy. I wish I could have replied to them all. I will try now. So, thank you, everyone. Thank you for your support through this amazing journey. Thank you to the awesome people at Harlequin and HarlequinTEEN; everything you've done for me has been spectacular. To my rock star agent Laurie and all the wonderful people on the inside, Adam, Amy, Jayne, Giselle, and everyone else. And to my awesome editor, Natashya, for making the dream happen. Thank you all so much.

But most of all, thank you to all my readers and fans of the Iron Fey, Meghan, Ash, Puck, and Grimalkin. Your support has taken this series to places I never thought possible. I wouldn't be anywhere without you guys. My sincere thanks for everything.

To learn more about RWA, the Rita awards, and this year's winners, check out RWA's website

Thanks again,

Julie

22 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!!! So very awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for you Julie. This is really exciting. You will have to post s photo of your RITA statue once you have it displayed.

    Team Puck goes wild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooohoo!! Congrats! It's well deserved! Bask in the awesomeness that is yourself!

    Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Julie! That is very exciting for you and you deserve it! Go out and celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Julie! You and your amazing series totally deserve this award. Thank you for bringing the characters we love to life. <333

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heyz thats soooooooo awesome!!!!! Are ya basking in the glory yet? I would be!!!! OMG congrats!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you!!!Post a pic of your award when you can!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Julie!!! You and your books deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations !
    Your book deserve it !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Julie! That is so fabulous - you and Iron King deserve it so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You definitely deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Congrats!!!!!!!

    I love the Iron King.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll say it again!! congrats!! and keep on the watch because I'm sure more's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!! :)) u nd Puck totally deserve it!!!
    Good job :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratz, Julie! This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! You totally deserve it. (I wonder what your fellow Kung-Fu people had to say about it...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jen S aka 4vtfansJuly 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM

    Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Congratulations!! :) :) I must say.. DUH!! This is the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! A much deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! Well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's awesome. If any book deserved it, The Iron King did!

    ReplyDelete