Friday, April 9, 2010

Crazy flying hands of doom!

All right! I'm finally going to get to do something I've wanted to do for YEARS! Go to Disneyland? Noooo, already been there. Go skydiving? Hm, maybe someday. Eat fugu-blowfish in Japan. I will get to that, but not today. So, what am I going to be doing that has me insanely excited?

In the words of Neo: "I know Kung Fu."

Or, I will, anyway. Soon. I'm taking a Kung Fu class with my wonderful husband. I already know karate and a bit of Tae Kwon Do, but I've always wanted to learn Kung Fu. I'll be learning a style called Wing Chun Kung Fu, which is a type of close quarters, very fluid, very deadly and efficient type of martial art. I mean, check this guy out; I've never seen hands move that fast. O.O





So yes, that's the style I'll be learning, as well as some Kempo Karate and some Kali to round it out. Be afraid, be very afraid, mwahahahahaha!

Anyone else take a martial art? What style do you like best?

8 comments:

  1. When you join the Army they teach you the basics of Brazillian Jujitzu. It's an on the floor type fighting style. I can't say I know it but I know enough to get in or out of trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun!! Dying to see the post after the first class. Awesome that you're dong it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy hands! Wow! You better post vids, I'd like to see you do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. On HBO last night I was watching people incorporate martial arts into ballet dancing! It was beautiful!

    Good luck with this new endeavor! And if you happen to get speedy with your hands too, take video and share!

    P.S. I would not recommend bungee jumping to my worst enemy, let alone sky diving (*points at self* fear of heights)! So since I adore you, please stay on the ground! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to take Tae Kwon Do, my 4 yo son is yellow belt and I want one! Tae Kwon Do or Kick-boxing, I need to do some exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As if your impressive authorial skillz didn't make you bada** enough already, now you are going to become a Kung Fu master too?! So awesome! Have a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brothers used to practice Karate while I studied ballet... and once I kicked (in his leg, and not to strong, by the way) their sensei because he was making fun of me for prefering Ballet over Karate... I was just 7 or 8!
    He said that, for a little ballet dancer I was pretty strong and brave... he was annoying!

    And, yeah, the video is pretty amazing!
    Lots of luck with your class

    ReplyDelete